[ODE] Another question about contact joints

Guru2012 mykonian at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 13:41:35 MST 2006

Thanks for the response last time. I've successfully implemented my
collision detection contact determination algorithms. I have, however,
another question.
The dContact structure includes the dContactGeom structure, which has two
values, g1 and g2, supposedly dGeomIDs for the two colliding geometry
objects.
My question is if those values can be set to NULL or 0. More specifically, I
am creating a contact joint with an immovable object, so I'm leaving the
contact joint's second body null, but in that case, can I leave g2 null? In
addition, can I simply leave both values in the dContactGeom null?

-Andrew