[ODE] adhesive strength of Hingejoint

Patrick Oppermann patrick.oppermann at gmx.de
Mon Feb 27 09:36:04 MST 2006

Hm, I tried a value of 1.000.000 and it had no effect at all (the arm
segments have a mass of 100 and 50). dParamFMax specifies the maximum amount
of force that the hinge can apply to its two Bodies. But I need to control
the "stiffness" of the hinge so it doesn't sink down when its velocity is 0.

See the screenshot at http://www.totalhavoc.de/dev/robotArm.JPG
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Setting dParamFMax to a high value and dParamVel to 0 would hold the
joint.

cheers

Hampa
Toribash.com