[ODE] Colliider space/geom issues

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Sat Feb 25 11:14:09 MST 2006

That's fine, too; the instructions Benoit gave for integrating them with ODE
0.039 are still valid for the current version.

I believe the objection to full ODE citizenship in the past has been their
lack of support for collisions with trimeshes.  I don't think that's a very
pressing concern, because the usual applications for trimeshes seem to be
terrain and static geometry that doesn't need to collide with height maps
anyway.

I have not tested the dCone primitive, but the heightmap terrain geoms have
worked great for a long time.

(I just updated the files in the zipfile with a few cosmetic cleanup tweaks;
you might want to re-download it before you do the update.)

-- jm