[ODE] parallel ODE

Misha Smelyanskiy mmaloff2002 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 11:13:00 MST 2006

Yes that is what I mean. Either stepping islands in parallel, or parallelizing a single island, if there are only a few islands. For CD, I mean parallelizing a given space: both broad and narrow phases.
  Seems like none has done it yet.
  Mike

Vast <vasko.tim at gmail.com> wrote:
    This sounds interesting, if I understand you correctly. When you say in parallel, do you mean to like.. multithread the collision system? and run multiple collision detection calls in different threads?

  I hope I got it right, but either way, the way I got it sounds like a Very good idea (no reason in particular) and it also seems to be very do-able.

  Regards,
  Tim

  On 2/23/06, J. Perkins <starkos at gmail.com> wrote:   On 2/22/06, Misha Smelyanskiy <mmaloff2002 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Can you please advice if anyone tried to parallelize ODE and what the
> results of this are in terms of scalability?

I'm curious about this as well, but haven't yet had a chance to try
it. Has anyone tried stepping islands in parallel, or running
collision tests in parallel?

Jason

Tim Vasko
VaskoSoftware Development Company