[ODE] how to setup this scenario?

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Wed Feb 22 14:59:58 MST 2006

To model the plunger, I would create a ccylinder, and attach it to the
world using a slider joint. The slider joint should have its low and
high stops set at 0, and should have its stop parameters (ERP and CFM)
set to work like a spring, not a brick wall.

When pressing the plunger, start a counter. Apply a force to the
ccylinder (pushing it backwards) that's proportional to the amount of
time that has elapsed. This will make the plunger push further and
further back.

An alternative would be to just fake it, and build the plunger with
collisions only, no joint. Animate it manually. That's cheating, though :-)

Cheers,

			/ h+