[ODE] exploding spinning objects

Erin Catto erincatto at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 14 23:50:29 MST 2006

I suggest creating a long skinny box, and set it rotating at a high angular
velocity about a random axis. You might to need have some collision with
ground to get transfer to linear momentum. If it is unstable it should have
it's energy increase significantly:

E = 1/2 m * v^2 + 1/2 omega * I * omega + m * g * h

Erin