[ODE] Breakable Joints

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Thu Aug 31 08:21:10 MST 2006

David Walters wrote:

> I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not so sure it's a good idea to
> add this breakable feature for the reasons I've given. If the work
> that it is doing is somehow better than using dJointGetFeedback then
> maybe I'd have a case - but for now I think it's not necessary to
> bloat up the code just for the sake of possible "helpfulness".

I think it's best if someone would write a test program that shows
in minimal code, how to let joints break using the existing feedback
functionality.

Maybe an increasing load on a segmented bridge would be a nice
scenario for this test (as the buggy theme is getting old now)?

  Bram

--
Bram Stolk, VR Engineer SARA, Amsterdam.   tel +31 20 592 3000

"Windows is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell for an 8-bit
 operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a 2-bit
 company that can't stand 1 bit of competition."