[ODE] degrees of freedom in a slider

STenyaK (Bruno Gonzalez) stenyak at gmx.net
Wed Aug 30 10:50:02 MST 2006

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:04:13 +0200, Remi Ricard <remi.ricard at simlog.com>
wrote:
> You can add an hinge or a ball between the block and the cylinder but
> you will need an extra body.
>
> Block body -> Hinge Joint -> Extra Body -> Slider Joint -> Block body
>
> I created a new joint which I call "Rotoide prismatic"  but the rotation
> axis is perpendical to the axis of the  slider.

Nice, looking forward to the new joint type. I had always thought the
slider was as pictured in the docs (but never really tested it).

I wonder how difficult it would be to code support for "jointed joints"...
that is, being able to use 2 types of joints without needing to insert an
extra body in between (which is sometimes not a realistic model of the
real thing). Of course, it's just a suggestion, in case someone is
interested and has time to give it a try :)

--
Saludos,
     STenyaK

Site:   http://1ksurvivor.homeip.net  <1kSurvivor>