[ODE] Vertex buffers and Index Buffers to TriMesh

David Walters hidden.asbestos at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 28 10:55:26 MST 2006

> If I delete my vertex and index buffers after I call
> dGeomTriMeshBuildSimple, my program crashes.  I would assume that after this
> call, the buffers would have been copied.  So do I need to keep a valid copy
> of my buffers for the entire length of my application?

Yes, OPCODE uses your data by reference, it doesn't take a copy. I
would recommend implementing some kind of caching system which you can
load models through and will manage the data, so that you can forget
about the allocations until your world is no longer useful and then
you can flush the whole cache with all of the no longer used verts and
indices.

HTH, Regards,
Dave