[ODE] Third Person Orbit Camera

Anton Bursch antonphd at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 27 08:15:08 MST 2006

I have a third person orbit camera and I need to make it work with ODE.  I had been using my own
physics and collision with primatives and heightmaps.  Then I found out we are using meshes for
the terrain and I had to go for using a physics library.

What I'm thinking that I'm going to do is move the player with ODE and then follow the player with
the camera in my own code, but I need to make sure the camera doesn't go thru walls and stuff so I
am thinking that I'll go ahead and move my camera with the player and then cast a ray from the
player to the camera desired position and if there is something between, i zoom in the camera.

Is this sounding like the smart way to do it with ODE?

Thanks.  :)