[ODE] Variable step size (Was: Infinite sliding... ?)

Jean de Largentaye jean at largentaye.org
Fri Aug 18 06:25:53 MST 2006

Right. I was the one who put that succint item in the FAQ warning
against variable time steps a couple days back. I just updated the
wiki with a warning in the Manual, section "World", and added Jon's
explanation to the FAQ (if you don't mind). Jason intends to put it in
the doxygen docs as well.

On a side note, I'm pretty damn wary of API changes. Can't we just
make the stepsize a 'const' ?

Finally, I'm pretty sure variable-step size implentation was discussed
a long time ago. Has anybody around here actually done it? I just want
to be reassured that it's possible.

John, that Annoying Useless Warning Gnome