[ODE] FPS Player again

michael kapelko kornerr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 05:28:28 MST 2006

So capsule seems to be the only suitable way... but in all shooters I
saw, the player is certainly not represented as a capsule, because if he
has some item in his hand (gun), then collision occurs outside player
and outside the gun. I can assume they use capsule with a large radius,
but no, player can move through thin wholes, which is impossible with
broad capsule. And, if a camera and a gun are inside capsule, the gun
will collide only with the capsule, not with outside objects.
What to do?
Thanks.