[ODE] High density sphere passes into plane?

Mon Aug 7 17:16:00 MST 2006

Oops, meant to send this to the list...

------------------

Aside from the usual response of fiddling with CFM and ERP values so that
only a particular amount of penetration is allowed, I beleve that there's an
different solution to your problem.

Since you're creating the sphere geom/body without setting its position,
it's likely created at the origin, and thus immediately penetrating the
plane (in fact, the plane would split it in half).  Try setting the geom
position to some positive height (greater than the radius) and see if that
works.

Also, to set the sphere's mass by value rather than by density, use
dMassSetSphereTotal, the *Total versions of these functions accept total
mass as an argument.

-Elijah