[ODE] Box Plane and Box Heightfield Collision Questions?

Kay kangkang at interchange.ubc.ca
Thu Aug 3 19:06:27 MST 2006

Seems the mesh size for the heightfield shouldn't be too small compared to the box size, otherwise the box will penetrate. So either increase the mesh size, or increase the maximum number of contacts allowed.

-Kay
  Also for box heightfield collision, sometimes I found my box goes under the heightfield, i.e., collision detecter failed to detect collisions until very late. Mostly when the box is moving uphill, but not downhill. Any idea why it's happening? Any suggestions on how to fix it?
  thanks,

  -Kay