[ODE] ODE trimesh collision do not work! (not sure if this went through the first time)

Wes Hather whather at comcast.net
Sun Apr 30 13:55:22 MST 2006

Hey guys, I'm having problems with trimesh collisions in ODE.  When
calling dCollide() between a trimesh and any other geometry object, I
never get any collision points.  Even the sample ODE collision apps
(Test_MovingTrimesh and Test_Trimesh) do not work.  In
Test_MovingTrimesh, the rabbit mesh falls right through the floor and
other geometry objects do not collide with it.
I thought at first it might be a compile flag not set right, such as the
OPCODE_DIRECTORY flag in the user-settings.  However, I read somewhere
that I would be getting linking errors when trying to use the trimesh
objects if the OPCODE_DIRECTORY flag was commented.  I am compiling the
libraries (ode.lib, oded.lib, OPCODE.lib, OPCODE_D.lib) with visual
studio.
What's the fix?  Thanks!

-Wes