[ODE] Building on MacOSX (and now Linux)

Wesley Smith wesley.hoke at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 13:28:57 MST 2006

Well, you already have different source files for windows and X11.
Using GLUT (just one of many options) would allow you to have just one
source file for getting a window as opposed to the 2 there are now.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with GLFW, but it works on just about
every platform I know.  It's easy to build and only has 1 header file.
 I've been using for for cross platform opengl on Windows, OSX (intel
and PPC), and Linux (Debian on 64-bit machines) and I've never had a
compilation problem with it.  IMHO, GLUT is seriously out of date and
should be stripped out of any library that depends on it.

wes