[ODE] Building on MacOSX

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Thu Apr 13 10:09:20 MST 2006

irrisor at dev.java.net wrote:

> Rodrigo Hernandez wrote:
>
>>Yes, the Old way is being phased out, is there a reason you're not using
>>autotools?
>
> Well, automake is too old on that machine (1.6) :(

This is only an issue when you get your sources from SVN, and use
autogen.sh

You can take the configure, generated by any other platform from
autogen.sh and run it on your mac.
Do you have a 2nd platform available with a ODE trunk ?

Adding configure to the repo is an option, but bad practice.
If we don't have to, we prefer to leave it out.

Also, tar-ball releases should be no problem for this Mac, as
they provide their ready made configure script.

  Bram

> /Irrisor

Bram Stolk, VR Engineer SARA, Amsterdam.   tel +31 20 592 3000

"Windows is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell for an 8-bit
 operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a 2-bit
 company that can't stand 1 bit of competition."