[ODE] MediaWiki on SF.net (was: ODE Doc & Manual ?)

Jean de Largentaye jlargentaye at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 12:24:40 MST 2006

Well, I've attempted to install MediaWiki on my usual webhost
(free.fr), and got it to work, after a fashion. However, it seems that
getting it to work on sf.net requires different changes, so the meager
experience from getting to work isn't going to help for SF.net :P
That said, the page that Terry provided seems to have a good rundown
on getting MediaWiki to work on sf.net.
If an admin wants to follow those instructions to getting MediaWiki on
sf.net, it would probably be quickest. I don't think that would
warrant giving me the appropriate rights :P. If you *do* wish me to
set it up, I'll probably want to tweak a few cosmetic things, to make
a little more distinct from the usual wikipedia feel :)
A point of note, however: WikiMedia has an extra math component that
uses latex to generate math equations. This could come in handy, given
ODE's mathematical background. This won't be available on sf.net, I'm
afraid.
What I'm coming around to saying is this: in an ideal situation,
MediaWiki should be run on an environment with less constraints...
maybe Russel's q12.org qualifies? ^^;
I won't be around for the week-end, so if anyone else wants to look
into it in the meantime, please do. I'll try to jump back at it Sunday
evening or Monday.

John