[ODE] 0.6 release branch

Remi Ricard remi.ricard at simlog.com
Thu Apr 6 08:43:22 MST 2006

Hi,

> On 4/6/06, Remi Ricard <remi.ricard at simlog.com> wrote:
>
>>> When that time comes, what do I do with the repository? Do I make an
>>> 0.6 bug-fix-only branch? That's what I would do if this were my day
>>> job project, but it isn't. Should I just tag 0.6-rc1 and keep working
>>> on the trunk?
>>>
>> I think, a branching should be made and the name can simply be 0.6 and
>> there will be only but fix on this branch..
>>
>> Why should it be different than a job project ?
>>

> Because on the day job everyone is getting paid. They have to do their
> work and they have to follow the process.

What I was meaning by that is: The process of handling the branching and
the release of new version should be the same process used at a job site.

>> If there is only bug fix to a branch then the amount of work to manage
>> the branch should be low and it will be easier to find a volunteer.
>>

> Are you volunteering?

I will have to talk to my boss ! ;-) ( I think he is reading this
mailing list so you might see the answer)
> I can create the 0.6 branch, that's easy. I can ask people to put bug
> fixes on that branch. I can even offer to periodically merge the
> branch back to the trunk. That's it for me though. I'm willing to live
> with some instability in order to free up time to work on my software.

Remi

N.B.  Sorry my previous post was only sent to Jason. I forgot to cc the
list. Should the reply be set to the list by default instead of the
sender ?