[ODE] swig compatability

Terry L. Triplett c0d3g33k at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 06:16:12 MST 2006

On 4/6/06, rod kay <rodkay at mullum.com.au> wrote:

> > http://odejava.org/tiki-index.php?page=OdejavaCompileNative
>
>    Hmm ... this page mentions that swig 1.3.20 is required ...
> 'apparently fails on some newer versions'. Perhaps this is my problem,
> as I'm using swig 1.3.29 (the latest version, i think).
>
>    Still, if swig support is desired, would it be better to adapt ODE to
> suit latest/any swig ? Being constrained to an outdated swig version
> seems unfortunate.
>
>    Or maybe the callback problem might be addressed in an ode.i swig
> interface file ? I suppose that might be ideal, but I don't know swig
> well enough to know if it is possible.

Hmm.  That does present a problem.  Can't help you further, I'm afraid.
Probably best to ask the odejava folks what the deal is.  Tao.Ode (the
albatross around my neck) is painstakingly crafted by hand (yes, I'm a
masochistic fool), so I don't know much about ODE + Swig.  PyODE doesn't
seem to be swigged either, I notice, so the Java folks seem to be the only
good source of information.