[ODE] ODe Lib: Will it help me?

Al acgrant at ihug.co.nz
Wed Apr 5 17:02:43 MST 2006

Hi People,

My scenario is this: I have a large amount of data that represents the
surface of the earth.

It is in a proprietary triangular mesh format, but I can convert to a grid
format.

I have a plane flaying above the surface of the earth, and a ray shooting
out from the plane in a

Known direction.

I want to work out in xyz the point of intersection. (collision detection)

I was going to do it by repeated triangle / ray intersection tests and I
have a c++ function that will do this given the origin of the plane, a
direction vector and the vertices of the triangle to be tested
(repeatively).

Can ODE do this? Can anyone suggest a good data format?

Thanks in advance,

-Al