[ODE] dt computation

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Mon Apr 3 00:26:18 MST 2006

Bram Stolk wrote:
> 1) Move the dt-computation to drawstuff

I have added dsElapsedTime() to drawstuff.
The implementation is in x11.cpp and windows.cpp

> 2) Have someone implement a variant for platforms without gettimeofday

Rodrigo and Jason both provided one, thanks guys.

> 3) Change all ode/test progs to use the drawstuff dt func

This is trickier than it sounds.
After some reflection, I've come to the conclusion that this is not
desirable.

For apps, and demos, using a proper dt is fine.

However, the ode/test_ apps serve a different purpose: they should
be testing ODE. And to test ODE, you will want deterministic
behaviour. If each run of ODE is different due to timing, debugging
becomes even more of a hell.