[ODE] Modelling Joint Friction

Erin Catto erincatto at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 23 22:20:51 MST 2005

This model lacks position correction, so you are seeing position drift. If
you can store the position of sticking, then you can apply penalty
velocities to correct the position errors. Once the max force is reached,
you need to stop applying the penalty.

So instead of:

v = 0

Use

v = ERP / dt * (pos_stick - pos) // when sticking

v = 0 // when sliding

Erin