[ODE] RE: gjk convex collision preview for ODE

Erwin Coumans erwin at erwincoumans.com
Wed Sep 7 08:14:46 MST 2005

Bullet collision detection already has support for arbitrary triangle
meshes, so it is just a matter of integrating into ODE. Some 'midphase'
optimization are still missing (tree to do early culling, for example a
k-dop tree).

Another option is to mix the gjk-convex with the trimesh collider  for
general convex objects. Then you get the Opcode 'midphase' optimizations. So
I would say it is not 'technically difficult', more laborous work.

Erwin