[ODE] Newbee: BodyID -> Body

Roel van Dijk roelvandijk at home.nl
Tue Sep 6 14:30:36 MST 2005

Well, a dBodyID is simply a pointer to a dxBody struct. So dereferencing a
dBodyID would give you a dxBody struct.

That said, why would you want to work with a dxBody struct directly? There are
functions that take a dBodyID as an argument for all imaginable things you
can do with a body. And using a dxBody directly has the potential to break
things in future updates of ODE because someone could decide to change
something in the inner workings of a body. The ODE API functions protect you
from such changes.