[ODE] Latest Commit

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Thu Oct 27 18:21:16 MST 2005

Congratulations, you won an award for self-punishment! Honestly, though,
even among indies, I'd estimate the percentage of shipping games that
use MinGW to... counts on thumb... :-)

Seriously, though: In my world, unit testing is not anything optional.
Ideally, unit tests get run each time compilation has finished, and
break the compilation if the test fail. Having to download and install a
secondary package to get that ability seems sub-optimal. A minimal
framework which sits in a header seems a better choice.

What I've seen work pretty well is having unit tests register their
factories using static construction, and a single function you call to
run all of the unit tests. That way, the unit tests can be built into
the DLL, and the "unit test runner" binary would just link against the
DLL, and call the magic function. Making this binary run as a post-build
step would be quite trivial even in MSDEV syntax (and a no-brainer in Make).

Cheers,

			/ h+