[ODE] Bouncy sphere/trimesh collisions

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Thu Oct 20 10:14:36 MST 2005

ODE has to apply some force to make the geoms separate, because they're
already interpenetrating at the point of collision. The momentum
imparted by that force is retained once the objects have separated. I
believe you can attempt to make it better by reducing ERP. Another
approach would be to detect the interpenetration, and do your own
position constraint resolution instead of a velocity/force constraint
solution -- however, if you take that to the extreme, you get a totally
separate solver from the ODE solver...

Cheers,

			/ h+