[ODE] Car simulation wheel problem

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Wed Oct 5 11:28:54 MST 2005

You're probably bitten by the low/high stop problem. When you set the
stops, you need to set them twice, like so:

   setLowStop( x );
   setHighStop( x );
   setLowStop( x );

The reason is that a call to set a temporarily inconsistent value will
be silently ignored by ODE.

This is, by the way, a FAQ, so more information is probably available on
the Wiki.

I once tried submitting a patch that forced the other stop to the same
as the set stop if they counteracted, but that went nowhere. I really
think that's the right solution, though.

Cheers,

			/ h+