[ODE] Dynamic trimesh's

Brad braddabug at comcast.net
Mon Nov 14 17:39:00 MST 2005

I'm representing the terrain as a trimesh, and all is well. Now I'm
trying to add the ability to dynamically change the terrain trimesh. I'm
having trouble getting ODE to cooperate, though. When I don't touch
anything, except adjust the verticies that I originally gave ODE to
generate the trimesh from, wierd things happen. Sometimes I can walk
into the new trimesh, then it looks like ODE isn't detecting the
collision, then it'll suddenly detect the collision and applies a huge
amount of force to resolve the collision, as if it detected that the
collision occured that deep.

What's the proper way for updating a trimesh geom? Do I have to delete
the old geom and create a brand new geom?