[ODE] Sphere pass through box, mass problem

J. Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 13:45:55 MST 2005

--- Jon Watte <hplus at mindcontrol.org> wrote:
> There's a problem where spheres and ccylinders may
> be able to push through boxes, because there's a division
> by a denormal number somewhere in the pipe. I submitted
> a patch for this problem over a year ago, but it was
> rejected because I had coded the specific floating point
> constants for denormals, instead of using some other
> supposedly better method (the specifics of which were
> never actually submitted to the list).

I've put this in the patch manager (#1356867). When I get around to
validating the patches I will put together some tests to demonstrate
the fix and try to get it into unstable. It would help if I had some
test code that reliably demonstrated the problem. In the absence of a
better solution, I for one would prefer a partial fix to no fix at
all.

Jason