[ODE] Should trimesh code run properly, or is it unreliable?

Keith Wiley kwiley at cs.unm.edu
Mon Nov 14 09:06:47 MST 2005

On Nov 14, 2005, at 8:47 AM, Keith Wiley wrote:

> On Nov 14, 2005, at 1:49 AM, Peter Oost wrote:
>
>> On 00:48 Mon 14 Nov     , Keith Wiley wrote:
>>> I  am trying to compile the test_trimesh.cpp example.  The only
>>> modification I made to the code was that it used a variable called
>>> Size, which is a reserved keyword, so I changed it to size
>>> throughout
>>> the code.  The program crashes on the initial call to
>>> dGeomTriMeshDataCreate(), which occurs so early in the execution,
>>> I'm
>>
>> It worked for me last time I tried it. Did you compile ode with
>> OPCODE support (see the ./configure options)?
>
> Okay, I see the note in the user-settings file.  Thanks.  However,
> OPCODE appears to be a Windows project.  There is no standard
> Makefile (I'm on a Mac, not Windows).  Do I attempt to build it by
> simply compiling every file in the the OPCODE directory and them
> linking them all together?  In particular, do I need to use any
> specific flags or options to compile it successfully, and in what
> way am I supposed to integrate the contents of the Ice directory
> into the OPCODE compilation process?

My apologies.  The ode Makefile builds OPCODE.  I thought I saw a
note that specifically said ode didn't make OPCODE for me, but when I
looked at the Makefile, there it was.  Seems to build fine.  The
test_trimesh.cpp example works great.  Thanks for the tip.

Keith Wiley         kwiley at cs.unm.edu         http://www.unm.edu/~keithw

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us
with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
                                            --  Galileo Galilei