[ODE] Slow performence in a given scene - optimizable, or "just how it is"?

Shamyl Zakariya shamyl at zakariya.net
Sun Nov 13 15:10:31 MST 2005

I am using the collide/category bits, but when I profile I still see
something like 20% of CPU time devoted to collision testing. I think
I should investigate using multiple spaces! See, this is the first
time I've used ODE for a situation like this -- I've never had a rich
environment to deal with before.

Can you point me to some sample code or tutorial showing me how to
effectively manage multiple spaces? I've never done it before, and
the standard docs don't cover the topic very thoroughly.

Thanks,

shamyl zakariya
     "all humans are vermin, in the eyes of morbo"
         -- morbo