[ODE] Novodex demoes

Adam Moravanszky adam.moravanszky at novodex.com
Thu Nov 10 10:28:25 MST 2005

Jon Watte (ODE) wrote:

> Vrej Melkonian wrote:
>
>> Yup, I have seen it long time ago. have you pepped up
>> the models and graphics?
>

> No, it's the same-old thing. It's the trouble with OpenSource: you
> don't get to pay people to sit and do exactly what YOU think would be
> useful :-)

Yeah, we we paid artists an hourly wage for both of those demos'
assets.  (The truck track is part of a larger demo that was a full game
with props and pickups, etc., we made for a particular customer, but we
had to remove all the content other than the track because it was too
customer-specific.)

The problem is you can pay an artist a small fortune for a demo and it
will still look dated compared to state of the art game assets one sees
in AAA games.  So in the end you might as well stay with an 'abstract'
look for a physics / AI demo.

--Adam