[ODE] Trimesh

Simon Adler s.adler at sensator.com
Sun Nov 6 06:54:18 MST 2005

Hello,

I've got some Experience with Tri Mesh and I dont know if I am right.

I had a ground and I have a Character. The Ground is a Mesh Surface with
Bumps
and I thought I can use the Physic to walk with my Character over the
Ground. I had some Problems, because when the Ground is large and the AABB
from my Character is smaler than one Polygon of the Trimesh. The character
is falling through the Ground.
When I reduce the World Step (0.05 --> 0.01) than it works, but it a lot
slower.

Is this right? Are the Vertex Density importent for Physics calculations?

What about Rays on Tri Mesh? I read that this should work, but I don't get a
hit!
Sometimes I get one, on a wall (with higher tesselation), but on the Ground
I dont
get a hit. Why??? Wall and Ground are one Mesh!

Need some Information about Trimeshes. Did I something wrong and have I
search on
my Mistake or are there any limitations?

Adler