[ODE] friction

Tobias Schlegel tobias.schlegel at visual-imagination.de
Thu Nov 3 20:49:03 MST 2005

Paul de Wit wrote:
> Hello,
>  I have 2 problems. I want to simulate a spring in ODE. I have a bar with on
> one side a spring connected to a platform and on the other side a wheel. In
> the middle is an axis of the type hinge. How can I simulate the spring, or
> can I put this in the axis and if that is possible how shall I do that.
The test_slider.cpp-example contains a basic spring. It shows how to
implement springs for a slider joint, but i guess the implementation for
a hinge joint won't be much different. Maybe you want to take a look.

> The other question is how can I put friction in an normal hinge.
Just set the hinge dParamVel value to zero and dParamFMax to some
reasonable force.

>  Thanks,
>  Gaspar van Elmbt

Tobias Schlegel