No subject

Tue Nov 15 16:38:34 MST 2005

do seem to work, so I would like to submit them for inclusion under
contrib/msvc6. But before commiting them to cvs, I would like to make
some changes to the accompanying readme, as there are some
instructions in there specifically for version 0.035, which don't
apply to the current cvs version. If somebody with cvs write access
could contact me, I will be more than happy to provide an updated
version. I've also added a link to my project files to the "Building
ODE With MSVC6" wiki page; as it doesn't appear possible to upload a
zip to the wiki, the link points to my page above, but that should be
fine for quite some time.

And while we are on the subject of cvs changes, I have a couple of
requests:
- There is a bug in test_boxstack.cpp, at line 340 it reads:
    for (int j=0; j<3; i++) bbsides[j] = aabb[j*2+1] - aabb[j*2];
  where it should be:
    for (int j=0; j<3; j++) bbsides[j] = aabb[j*2+1] - aabb[j*2];
  (that's an i replaced by a j, BTW ;-).
- I still think it would be good idea if the order of destruction on
  test_buggy were to change from:
    dSpaceDestroy (space);
    dWorldDestroy (world);
    dGeomDestroy (box[0]);
    dGeomDestroy (sphere[0]);
    dGeomDestroy (sphere[1]);
    dGeomDestroy (sphere[2]);
  to:
    dGeomDestroy (box[0]);
    dGeomDestroy (sphere[0]);
    dGeomDestroy (sphere[1]);
    dGeomDestroy (sphere[2]);
    dSpaceDestroy (space);
    dWorldDestroy (world);
  It certainly fixes a crash on exit here.
- There is something strange with the dGeomEnable(), dGeomDisable()
  and dGeomIsEnabled() functions; they are declared in collision.h,
  they are mentioned in the documentation, they are even present in
  the 0.035 msvddefs.def file, but they aren't defined anywhere. This
  looks like deprecated functionality to me? Either the should be
  implemented, or they should be removed from the header and the docs
  (they are already removed from the cvs .def file).

Frank
frank at compagner.com