No subject

Tue Nov 15 16:38:34 MST 2005

ODE's joints objects without worrying about closed loops; Dynamechs would
require you to examine the topology of the structure you're creating
before you create the joints objects.

> is there anything that would prevent the use of ODE for the same
> purpose? i.e., robotic simulation?

How detailed do you want the simulation to be?  I was looking for a
high-level sort of simulation, treating motors and drivetrains as black
boxes and just looking at the overall structure of the robot and its
control system, and I'm very happy with ODE's performance in this case.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA