[ODE] Help linking last unstable ode release in vc6 and dcylinder2

kurimail kurimail at arrakis.es
Tue Nov 29 17:17:36 MST 2005

Hi friends. I want to use the last unstable version of ode. I have
downloaded it with no problem.

I want to compile a static lib in VC6 in Windows XP.

Then i want to use the latest included dcylinder2, so i add:

#define dCYLINDER_ENABLED 1

in the config.h file.

Then i can compile the .lib with no troubles, but when linking it from
another app i get:

ode.lib(collision_kernel.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"int __cdecl dCollideCylinderSphere(struct dxGeom *,struct dxGeom
*,int,struct dContactGeom *,int)"
(?dCollideCylinderSphere@@YAHPAUdxGeom@@0HPAUdContactGeom@@H at Z)
ode.lib(collision_kernel.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"int __cdecl dCollideCylinderBox(struct dxGeom *,struct dxGeom
*,int,struct dContactGeom *,int)"
(?dCollideCylinderBox@@YAHPAUdxGeom@@0HPAUdContactGeom@@H at Z)
ode.lib(collision_kernel.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"int __cdecl dCollideCylinderTrimesh(struct dxGeom *,struct dxGeom
*,int,struct dContactGeom *,int)"
(?dCollideCylinderTrimesh@@YAHPAUdxGeom@@0HPAUdContactGeom@@H at Z)
Release/BlitzODE.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals

I have been always able to link in this way, but now it doesn't work. Of
course i don't use the #define it works.

Do i need something more to included the dcylinder2???

Thanks all!