[ODE] some ode patches on sourceforge

J. Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 18:51:48 MST 2005

On 11/23/05, Jon Watte (ODE) <hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org> wrote:
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=382801&aid=847749&group_id=24884
>
> You can implement a C linkage function in C++, using C++ language
> idioms. It'll still be callable and useful from C.
>
> So, if someone wants to call dCollideSphereSphere from C, they can,
> assuming we declare the linkage for them.

The functions the original poster wanted to access are internal to
ODE, and so aren't marked with C linkage modifiers like the public
API. Should these functions be public? If so, the right solution is to
move them into the public header. I'm not sure why that is necessary
though, when you can already pass any two geoms in through the
existing API.

I'm inclined to reject this patch, unless someone can explain what the
benefit is.

Jason