[ODE] some ode patches on sourceforge

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Wed Nov 23 13:00:08 MST 2005

Adam D. Moss wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I don't know how often people look at the ODE bug tracker
> on SourceForge, but there are quite a few live bugs there,
> apparently.  I keep forgetting it exists.  Maybe someone keen
> would like to give the bugs there some love, especially the ones
> with patches attached.  Most recently re-brought to my attention are:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=382801&aid=782592&group_id=24884

"tri collider update?"

I don't understand this patch.
It talks of a preliminary trimesh/ccyl collider.

But collisions between trimesh/ccyl are already in ODE.
Just run 'test_trimesh' and press 'c'.

> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=382801&aid=847749&group_id=24884

I'm not sure about this one, but I would say this patch is incorrect.
Consider, e.g., dCollideSphereSphere()
This func has normal C++ linkage, so extern "C" in the header would
not be appropriate. (The func is implemented in C++, in a .cpp file).

Only if someone wants to call dCollideSphereSphere() from C, you would
need extern "C" tricks, and do the func implementation in C.

    Bram