[ODE] Bodies at rest and outside collisions

Chunky Kibbles chunky at icculus.org
Sun May 29 02:52:02 MST 2005

Heya,

I'm using an outside collision library to do collision detection, and
I'm getting a weird effect if a body is at rest in ODE when something
collides with it that's not in ODE.

It doesn't seem to start moving, ever. If the bodies in the ODE world
are moving [even slightly] when I start making contact joints with them,
then all the things I expect to happen, happen. The ODE Body bounces if
I set it to, I get squidgy joints it I set CFM and ERP suitably, etc, etc.

I'm making contact joints between the ODE body and the world it's in, in
ODE. ie, dJointAttach(dJointID j, dBodyID b, 0);
As I said, this works perfectly if the ODE bodies aren't at rest.

I've checked to see if autodisabling had anything to do with it, and it
doesn't seem to [flat out removing autodisabling made no difference]

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Gary (-;