[ODE] rotating spheres (planets)

Vrej Melkonian vmelkon at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 10:43:29 MST 2005

I don't know too many physics engines, but if you
don't mind calculating gravitational forces yourself,
you can feed it to ODE like Jon Watt said in his post.

In any physics engine, when one body is too large or
too heavy and another is the opposite, it accentuates
problems of collision and stability.

If I were doing a simulation like this. I would have a
LOD(level of detail) system.

In the planetary view, little things are taken out of
the simulation. In the human sized view, the planet is
flat and human sized things come into the simulation.

You can run 2 or even more physics engines in
parallel, each with it's own LOD.

Vrej