[ODE] rotating spheres (planets)

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Wed May 25 09:19:25 MST 2005

It is perfectly possible. Just track the body, and each frame, calculate
and apply the appropriate force on all other bodies. In fact, if you
want to, you could calculate and apply the mutual gravitation of all
pairs of bodies; it'd be fairly simple to do.

However, most of the time, this is not what people want to simulate, so
that's not what ODE does -- it would add an O(N^2) pass on bodies for
each simulation loop, which is undesirable.

Cheers,

		/ h+