[ODE] Re: matching body orientation

Hellday Hellday at gmx.de
Mon May 16 17:08:18 MST 2005

Hi Daan

Maybe you can explain why you need physics in your mocap/ragdoll
project.

A possibly related problem has been addressed in some Papers dealing
with the combination of motion capture data and Physics for Computer
Games where prerecorded actions had to be altered according to ingame
interactions.
As an example they had a rugbyplayer mocap runcycle that was to be
altered by pushing him aside.

Unfortunately I didn't save the PDF and I don't know where it was but
it certainly can be found quickly.

A quick google for   "ragdoll motion capture simulation"  returned
http://www.city-net.com/~amandel/portfolio/masters.html

Perhaps you might also want to check out Natural motion's endorphin.

Holger Ahlers