[ODE] Trying to add Ellipsoids

Rodrigo Hernandez kwizatz at aeongames.com
Thu May 5 21:03:39 MST 2005

Hey all,
I've been trying to add ellipsoids to ODE for about a week now (to use
them as character bounding geometry), and I having some troubles.

Most of the time I've spent on this task was getting the ellipsoid-plane
collision right, and I did, but the behaviour is quite odd. Upon
collision with the ground the ellipsoids start rolling around and they
gain velocity as they get lost on the horizon.

I am using the setmass function for boxes since well, I guess that's
what they're more similar to in dimentions, but I really dont know what
could be the problem, can anyone help?

I would commit the code to UNSTABLE if anyone wants to take a look,
though I wanted to have it working before commiting.

Here is a video of the result:
http://www.aeongames.com/postedimages/ellipsoid.avi

Thanks.