[ODE] Simulations running in real time?

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Mon Mar 28 10:49:10 MST 2005

http://www.mindcontrol.org/~hplus/graphics/game_loop.html

The reason your simulation jitters when changing the step time is twofold:

1) ODE uses a first-order integrator

2) if something is resting on something else, different timesteps will
   make it fall differently deeply into that surface, leading to different
   correction forces, and thus different exit velocities, so it won't
   settle at steady state.

Cheers,

            / h+