[ODE] Adjusting a body's mass

Geoff Carlton gcarlton at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 15 11:15:08 MST 2005

In addition, the distribution of weight is determined by the dMass
struct, since the geom shape has no affect on the actual physics beyond
determining the contacts.  The dMass determines the inertia of the body,
which can be a fairly subtle effect - it will change the way the body
spins in the air, how it tumbles, etc.  So even if the centre of gravity
doesn't change, dMass will be needed to get proper results - you could
have all the weight in the middle, or if you have a massive pair of
weights at the front and the back.

Geoff