[ODE] hardware physics chip

Frederic Marmond zebarbuc at free.fr
Wed Mar 9 10:09:52 MST 2005

AI add-on card?!?
is there any prototype of one?

I just can't imagine that AI can be put in hardware... AI is too generalist,
and, to my mind, not one program (stored in silicium) can fit all AI needs...
So, you'll have to load custom programs into the 'AI chip', and it will be
called a... other-cpu (or, dual-core cpu , which is already exists, and is
more generalist than 'AI chip'... ;-) )

Or do I miss something?!?

Fred

Le mercredi 09 Mars 2005 09:07, Dominique Louis a écrit :
> Agreed, and those same people will be buying AI add-on cards as well
> when they become available.
>
> Dominique Louis.
>
> Nate W wrote:
> > I'll wager that the people who are buying USD$400 video cards today will
> > be lining up to spend a couple hundred on add-on physics cards as soon as
> > they're available.

Frederic Marmond