[ODE] How to get an angle between an axis of a cylinder and X axis?

Patrick McColgan patrick at torcinteractive.com
Mon Mar 7 09:16:30 MST 2005

Get the cylinder rotation matrix, you can then multiply a vector (so for
an arbitrary axis like x use {1.0, 0.0, 0.0}) and you should get a body
relative x axis.

Normalise and dotproduct the two x axis to get the angle between them,
note for the local axis you may want to flatten some dimensions to get
axis specific rotations.