[ODE] Electro static forces

Tom De Muer tom.demuer at skynet.be
Sat Jun 11 20:57:23 MST 2005

Mohamed Matar wrote:

> <>TO all brilliant minds and ODE geeks :) :)
> I have two objects that acts like a magnet. Anyone have any idea how to
> model this. Forces start to kick off before the objects touch.

You could for all bodies determine the distance to all other bodies and
apply a _force_ on the body in the direction of the other body
proportional to the mass and distance, just like electrostatic _force_.
It is like the gravity force  used for each object but in ODE  this
works one way because it is not necessary to let object "attract" the
earth: the ratios of masses makes this unnecessary :-D

Tom